Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) is on May 18th, 2017, we thought it would be wise to delve into the convergence and crossover of SEO and website accessibility.
Disability and accessibility facts / figures:
- 1 billion people of the world’s population live with some form of disability, according to World Bank.
- 14.1 million people in the UK live with disability, according to Scope.
- Retail web businesses are losing £17 billion a year by ignoring accessibility needs, known as the ‘Click-Away Pound’.
- The ‘Purple Pound’ is the combined spending power of disabled people and their households, currently estimated to be worth £274 billion a year to the UK economy.
- Global Accessibility Awareness Day occurs on the third Thursday of May.
- International Day of People with Disabilities was on 3rd December 2020
Website development is a formidable wedlock between all types of web users and search engines.
1 thought on “How SEO And Web Accessibility Crossover”
Reblogged this on iAdControl Agency London.