Disability and accessibility facts / figures:
- 1 billion people of the world’s population live with some form of disability, according to World Bank.
- 14.1 million people in the UK live with disability, according to Scope.
- Retail web businesses are losing £17 billion a year by ignoring accessibility needs, known as the ‘Click-Away Pound’.
- The ‘Purple Pound’ is the combined spending power of disabled people and their households, currently estimated to be worth £274 billion a year to the UK economy.
- Global Accessibility Awareness Day occurs on the third Thursday of May.
- International Day of People with Disabilities was on 3rd December 2020
Website development is a formidable wedlock between all types of web users and search engines.